Unpublished Media Inc. Content Submission Policy Guidelines & Rules
All Unpublished Media Inc. (Unpublished Media) platforms are open to people of every age, race, religion, sex, ethnic origin and sexual orientation.
Become part of our community to effect change! Unpublished Media encourages you to participate in sharing the content you create (Your Content) with us on all of our web and social media platforms. Your Content includes but is not limited to opinion pieces, online comments, audio and video uploads, and photo submissions.
Your username links to your profile and will appear alongside any of 'Your Content'. We reserve the right to identify your real name and city of residence from your profile when using Your Content (ie. John Doe from Edmonton says...). Adopting the identity of another person with the intention to mislead or cause harm is a serious violation that may lead to expulsion of the user from Unpublished.ca’s community.
By submitting ‘Your Content’, you grant Unpublished Media the non-exclusive right to use your content royalty-free, in perpetuity. Your Content may be published on Unpublished Media’s owned or controlled web and social media platforms. Unpublished Media cannot guarantee that Your Content will be published. Your Content may be indexed by Internet search engines. Unpublished Media has no obligation to remove Your Content from its platforms even if you make a request.
For more information, see our full Terms of Service.
When you share ‘Your Content’ with us:
- Keep ‘Your Content’ relevant to the topic and avoid repetitive posting.
- Be respectful and courteous, as if you were having a face-to-face discussion.
- If you are writing about legal issues, remember that people are innocent until proven guilty (that may mean using words like "allegedly" or “rumoured”).
- Please support your argument by linking to external web addresses to back up your argument. Unpublished Media does not endorse the content of external websites and has no liability as to their content in any event. Unpublished Media also reserves its right to take down any external link.
- Use English or French on Unpublished.ca and its social media properties for all of your submissions and comments. Other languages cannot be used except for an occasional word.
- ‘Your Content’ must be original and created and owned by you, including any music and artwork. Breaking copyright rules is not permitted (that includes copying and pasting excerpts from other sites without permission and attribution).
- Any of ‘Your Content’ that is offensive and likely to expose an individual or a group of individuals to hatred or contempt on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age or mental or physical disability is prohibited.
- The following kind of ‘Your Content’ is also prohibited:
- Pornography, vulgarity, obscenity or sexually explicit content
- Anything illegal
- Hate speech
- Threats, harassment
- Personal attacks, insults and defamatory statements
- Threats or suggesting committing a criminal act
- Fake News, Deep Fake or propaganda
9. Respect other people's privacy by not including personal information in ‘Your Content’ (such as home addresses, phone numbers and email addresses) or private dialogue. Also consider not using personal names.
10. Be sensitive in 'Your Content' regarding the death or injury of private individuals, especially children.
11. Any words or your full message in bold, underlined, italics or all CAPS will not be allowed (this makes it difficult to read and in online speak is considered yelling unless it is an acronym in which case using CAPS is permitted).
12. Make it personal, not commercial by leaving out press releases and commercial promotions.
If you violate any of these guidelines and rules, ‘Your Content’ may be taken down and your account may be suspended or blocked. The posting of letters and other material on Unpublished.ca does not constitute an obligation on the part of Unpublished Media to maintain such material on the site. Unpublished.ca, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to delete letters, comments, posts and other material for any reason whatsoever.
Unpublished Media reserves the right to change these Content Submission Guidelines & Rules at any time without notice.
For more information, please read Unpublished Media’s section on Submissions in the Terms of Service.
We look forward to receiving ‘Your Content’…