Source Feed: The Globe and Mail
Author: Allison Jones and Liam Casey
Publication Date: March 18, 2025 - 16:16
Ford not ruling out energy surcharge but says he won’t ‘antagonize’ U.S. in talks
March 18, 2025
Ontario Premier Doug Ford is keeping the possibility of reintroducing a surcharge on electricity exported to the United States in his back pocket, but says for now he doesn’t want to “antagonize” American officials.Ford was speaking Tuesday about a meeting he had last week with U.S. Secretary of Commerce Howard Lutnick, calling it productive and suggesting Lutnick did not put a lot of stock in President Donald Trump’s talk of making Canada the 51st state.
How Canada Wins: The opportunity to lure doctors and top-tier medical research talent is enormous, medical experts say
April 4, 2025 - 10:51 | Sharon Kirkey | National Post
Quebecers got a first taste of what they can expect in about two weeks, when all political leaders will face off in their first debate
April 4, 2025 - 10:44 | Catherine Lévesque | National Post
Aissatou Diallo, the driver of the Ottawa double-decker in the collision that left three passengers dead in 2019, has not responded to a summons to testify at an ongoing inquest into the tragedy.
April 4, 2025 - 10:42 | | CBC News - Ottawa
Comments
Be the first to comment