Source Feed: The Globe and Mail
Publication Date: March 27, 2025 - 19:28
Charges dropped for three more people accused in Indigo bookstore defacement, lawyer says
March 27, 2025
A Toronto lawyer says charges have been withdrawn against three more people accused of defacing a downtown Indigo bookstore in a 2023 protest.Arash Ghiassi, who represents two people in the group of accused, says that means seven out of 11 people have seen their charges dropped in the case.Ghiassi says two members of the group pleaded guilty on Thursday and will be seeking absolute discharges from the court, which were granted to two others who previously entered guilty pleas.
Boyle Street is preparing to help around 7,000 people a year, whether it's for mental health and addiction, housing referrals, ID and financial aid or other supports.
April 4, 2025 - 19:54 | Jasmine King | Global News - Canada
The City of Calgary will be closing the eastbound lanes of Memorial Drive and some pathways near the Peace Bridge starting on Monday for the next phase of the project.
April 4, 2025 - 19:36 | Adam MacVicar | Global News - Canada
A B.C. provincial court judge has found an 85-year-old former elementary school teacher guilty of nine sex-related charges, most involving his former Grade 6 students.There were 12 complainants, all male, who said Brian Moore assaulted them when they were children, ranging in age from seven to 12 years old.The trial heard that Moore was a teacher at a North Vancouver elementary school and often took some of his students on swimming, water-skiing and snow skiing trips.
April 4, 2025 - 19:33 | | The Globe and Mail
Comments
Be the first to comment