Doug Ford says Canadians should boycott Chinese-made EVs | Page 891 | Unpublished
Hello!
Source Feed: The Globe and Mail
Author: Laura Stone
Publication Date: January 21, 2026 - 16:14

Stay informed

Unpublished Opinions

Doug Ford says Canadians should boycott Chinese-made EVs

January 21, 2026

Ontario Premier Doug Ford says Canadians should boycott Chinese-made electric vehicles after Prime Minister Mark Carney struck a deal with that country, as the Premier and industry representatives called on the federal government to do more to support the province’s beleaguered auto sector.

Mr. Ford, appearing alongside auto industry representatives and a national union leader on Wednesday, said Canadians shouldn’t buy any of the 49,000 Chinese EVs set to be imported at a lower tariff rate as a result of Mr. Carney’s recent deal with China.



Unpublished Newswire

 
The birth control medications have been recalled due to 'affected lot(s) may not contain the correct amount of tablets' and also missing blister cards.
February 17, 2026 - 15:41 | Adriana Fallico | Global News - Canada
A former waitress at the Toronto nightclub owned by business tycoon Frank Stronach testified at his sex assault trial of being groped and kissed by the billionaire in his waterfront apartment in the 1980s. In vivid and often emotional testimony Tuesday morning, the witness — the second of seven women accusing Stronach of unwanted sexual aggression — told of an unexpected dinner invitation from Stronach to find out why she had been fired from her job at his nightclub led to an even more awkward stop afterwards to see the view from his condo. She said her meeting with Stronach...
February 17, 2026 - 15:11 | Adrian Humphreys | National Post
The project ran more than $70 million over budget by the time it was completed in 2016, and the inquiry is looking into what happened.
February 17, 2026 - 15:07 | Globalnews Digital | Global News - Canada