Source Feed: CBC News - Canada
Publication Date: May 5, 2026 - 14:31
Stay informed
Unpublished Opinions
Former governors general claimed $554K from expense account last year
May 5, 2026
Prime Minister Mark Carney says he will look into an expense program under which former governors general billed the government for more than half a million dollars last year. The program, which launched in 1979, has been shrouded in secrecy despite calls for greater transparency.
May 18, 2026 - 11:26 | Kelly Geraldine Malone | The Globe and Mail
The U.S. undersecretary of defence says Washington is pausing a long-standing military board, saying "Canada has failed to make credible progress on its defense commitments."
May 18, 2026 - 11:07 | Globalnews Digital | Global News - Canada
Despite Cody McCallum’s extensive experience writing grants to arts councils while she worked for the Toronto Fringe Festival, this one was different. This time, the application was for herself. Read More
May 18, 2026 - 11:00 | Robert Hiltz | Ottawa Citizen





Comments
Be the first to comment