Toronto police charge man in connection with two synagogue shootings in one night | Page 907 | Unpublished
Hello!
Source Feed: National Post
Author: Chris Knight
Publication Date: May 6, 2026 - 15:18

Stay informed

Toronto police charge man in connection with two synagogue shootings in one night

May 6, 2026

Toronto police say they have charged a suspect in connection with a pair of shootings at synagogues in Toronto and Vaughan in March.

On Friday, March 6, just before midnight, police said, sounds of gunshots were reported in the area of Clark Avenue West and York Hill Boulevard, north of Yonge and Steeles. When York Regional Police arrived, they observed the front doors of a synagogue had been struck and damaged by gunfire.

Two people who were inside the synagogue at the time of the shooting were not injured.

Then on the same night, just after midnight, Toronto police officers responded to reports of gunshots at the Shaarei Shomayim synagogue in the area of Bathurst Street and Glencairn Avenue, just south of Bathurst and Lawrence. When officers arrived, they also noted damage to the synagogue’s front entrance consistent with gunfire.

No one was inside at the time of the shooting and no injuries were reported.

An 18-year-old male of no fixed address has been charged with nine offences, including two counts of discharge firearm into a place; two counts of mischief to property over $5,000; unauthorized possession of a firearm; and occupy motor vehicle with a prohibited device.

The suspect, who is not being named as he was 17 at the time of the offence, is scheduled to appear in court at the Newmarket Courthouse on May 20.

The Toronto Police Service Integrated Gun and Gang Task Force, supported by the Counter-Terrorism Security Unit (Hate Crime Unit) worked along with the York Regional Police Firearms Investigations Team and the Hate Crime Prevention Unit in making the charges.

The investigation is ongoing, and police are asking anyone with information to contact them at 416-808-3500, or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), or at www.222tips.com.



Unpublished Newswire

 
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Emergency rooms are known for long waits — whether in Canada or south of the border — but they’re still among the shortest delays in health care. Seeing a specialist, however, can take months, sometimes leaving nervous Canadians languishing as they await treatment, surgery, or both. In the U.S., the wait times are shorter, but access may be limited by one’s ability to procure and pay for insurance. Still, there is one medical procedure patients are opting for, at least in Canada, that offers a quick path to treatment: Medical Assistance in Dying, aka MAID....
May 19, 2026 - 11:42 | Tracy Moran | National Post
Canada’s iconic Snowbirds demonstration squadron will be grounded following the 2026 flying season until new aircraft arrive, the Department of National Defence said Tuesday.
May 19, 2026 - 11:19 | | CBC News - Ottawa
The Snowbirds, formed in 1971, have performed at thousands of air shows. The Air Force's CT-114 Tutor jets, which the team uses, were introduced in the 1960s, and will be retired.
May 19, 2026 - 11:07 | Globalnews Digital | Global News - Canada