Ford backs Toronto defence bank bid, disputes Quebec’s ‘fear campaign’ claim | Page 2 | Unpublished
Hello!
Source Feed: Global News - Ottawa
Author: Aaron D’Andrea
Publication Date: May 12, 2026 - 12:30

Stay informed

Ford backs Toronto defence bank bid, disputes Quebec’s ‘fear campaign’ claim

May 12, 2026
Ontario Premier Doug Ford said Tuesday that while Toronto should be the host city for a new defence bank, he doesn’t believe in 'attacking' competing bids for it.


Unpublished Newswire

 
Sherritt suspended direct participation in its joint venture in Cuba earlier this month amid ramped up pressure by the U.S. on the island nation.
May 20, 2026 - 14:55 | | CBC News - Canada
Can a referendum on Alberta separating from Canada still go ahead if it violates treaty rights? Here are the facts.
May 20, 2026 - 14:47 | | CBC News - Canada
A record-breaking $37.2 million worth of drugs were removed from the streets following an interprovincial drug bust that led to 33 arrests and 174 charges, police said.
May 20, 2026 - 14:40 | Tavi Dhillon | Global News - Ottawa