Hour 1 of Ottawa Now for Tues. May 19th, 2026 | Unpublished
Hello!
Source Feed: CFRA - 580 - Ottawa
Publication Date: May 19, 2026 - 16:00

Stay informed

Hour 1 of Ottawa Now for Tues. May 19th, 2026

May 19, 2026

Kristy Cameron is enjoying some cottage sunshine – or an afternoon rainstorm. Either way, Andrew Pinsent is sitting in the hosting chair until Kristy returns for Wednesday’s program. And as the Summer season of 2026 commences, Canadians are being encouraged to enjoy every single second of the 2026 Snowbirds’ schedule. After spending more than five decades circling around the Canadian skies, a final chapter is being written, as the feds confirm to CTV News that the CAF Aerobatic Team will be grounded until at least 2030. We deliver the details in Hour 1. Here in Ontario, one of the biggest questions that is circling the drain involves a stockpile of American booze, and what the province should do about it. At the moment, storing Ontario’s $79.1 million stockpile of U.S. liquor could cost upwards of $20 million per year. Any ideas for Premier Doug Ford? We check in with Michael J. Armstrong, an Associate Professor of Operations Research at Brock University. Plus, the Ottawa Charge have kept their Walter Cup dreams alive after Monday’s thrilling Game 3 comeback! Trailing with 5:30 to go in the final frame, Peyton Hemp got the Canadian Tire Centre buzzing. And just 56 seconds away from sudden-death overtime, an Ottawa native made sure the ballistic crowd returned for Wednesday’s Game 4. She’s Got Game host Michaela Schreiter recaps the Victoria Day madness.



Unpublished Newswire

 
Tejinder Singh , who is visiting family from India, was walking north along Highway 97 Year Highway 33 last week when the violent incident occurred.
May 20, 2026 - 23:33 | Klaudia Van Emmerik | Global News - Canada
Even a few Toronto Maple Leafs fans came in to cheer on Newhook, but they were reluctant to admit it, said the owner of the Newfoundland Embassy pub.
May 20, 2026 - 23:23 | Alessia Simona Maratta | Global News - Canada
Hundreds of millions of dollars have already been spent on the construction of the new White House ballroom, according to President Donald Trump. To date, it has mostly occurred below ground level. During a press conference at the site on Tuesday, Trump explained that the new 90,000-square-foot White House ballroom will have a massive military complex under it. It will include a military hospital, research facilities and various meeting rooms in the floors below the ballroom, Trump said. The construction goes down “six stories deep,” he said, describing the building as “well-knit” in...
May 20, 2026 - 23:05 | Stewart Lewis | National Post