Source Feed: Ottawa Citizen
Author: Ben Andrews
Publication Date: July 28, 2026 - 12:24
Stay informed
Government disputes union claim of deep job cuts at federal emergency centre
July 28, 2026
The federal government says the emergency operations centre that helps coordinate the national wildfire response is maintaining full operational capability and has cut less than 10 percent of its full-time positions, after a public service union said last week that nearly half the jobs at the centre had been eliminated. Read More
POINTLESS FIRE PROPOSAL Read More
August 20, 2026 - 05:00 | Doug Menary, Ottawa Citizen | Ottawa Sun
In a remarkable election-year turn of events, Mayor Mark Sutcliffe is spending money the city doesn’t yet have in its coffers to pay for a 30 per cent fare cut in the monthly adult transit pass. Read More
August 20, 2026 - 05:00 | Aaron Hutchins | Ottawa Citizen
Randall Denley's op-ed (Ottawa Citizen, Aug. 15, 2026) analyzes the recent Government of Ontario's population projections for Ottawa, where our city is expected to expand from the current 1.19 million population to 1.83 million in 2051, an increase of over 600,000 people. He asks where future development should occur, and suggests that the National Capital Greenbelt should be considered to meet the projected housing needs. Read More
August 20, 2026 - 04:33 | Doug Menary | Ottawa Citizen





Comments
Be the first to comment