Charges dropped for three more people accused in Indigo bookstore defacement, lawyer says | Unpublished
Hello!
Source Feed: The Globe and Mail
Publication Date: March 27, 2025 - 19:28

Charges dropped for three more people accused in Indigo bookstore defacement, lawyer says

March 27, 2025
A Toronto lawyer says charges have been withdrawn against three more people accused of defacing a downtown Indigo bookstore in a 2023 protest.Arash Ghiassi, who represents two people in the group of accused, says that means seven out of 11 people have seen their charges dropped in the case.Ghiassi says two members of the group pleaded guilty on Thursday and will be seeking absolute discharges from the court, which were granted to two others who previously entered guilty pleas.


Unpublished Newswire

 
Researchers say Southern Ontario can't afford to lose more trees, but work can be done to mitigate the effects -- which include an increased risk of flooding - in urban areas.
April 4, 2025 - 23:50 | Noor Ibrahim | Global News - Ottawa
After another solid scoring performance Toronto Raptors rookie Ja'Kobe Walter still wanted to put the team first.
April 4, 2025 - 23:24 | Globalnews Digital | Global News - Ottawa
Police in Saskatoon are investigating a possible hate crime after a University of Saskatchewan meeting was interrupted with “inappropriate” images and video and “hateful rhetoric.”A technical breach was reported to police on Thursday, the same day the university was holding its General Academic Assembly over Zoom and in person.The annual meeting involves high-ranking university officials, faculty and students hearing from the president on the state of the school.
April 4, 2025 - 22:32 | | The Globe and Mail