Source Feed: The Globe and Mail
Author: Kristy Kirkup
Publication Date: April 3, 2025 - 17:32
Public health officials point to recent measles cases in Ontario to underscore the case for an electronic vaccination registry
April 3, 2025
The sharp increase in measles cases in Ontario – including another 89 last week – underscores the urgent need for an electronic system to record vaccinations, public health experts say.According to new data released by Public Health Ontario on Thursday, Ontario recorded a total of 661 measles cases (520 confirmed, 121 probable) associated with an outbreak in 13 public health units between Oct. 18 of last year and April 2, 2025.The majority of cases have been among unimmunized individuals in the Southwestern Public Health and Grand Erie Public Health units. In its own measles report released Thursday, Southwestern said it had recorded 18 cases in the past seven days and 306 since last October.
The Brewer Pool played host Saturday to OlymPINK Masters Challenge, raising funds for the Ottawa Cancer Foundation. Read More
April 6, 2025 - 17:03 | Norman Provencher | Ottawa Citizen
The South East Health Unit says it's investigating a confirmed case of measles in the Kingston, Ont., area and that people may have been exposed on four separate occasions.
April 6, 2025 - 16:34 | | CBC News - Ottawa
'What I'm surprised about is that this isn't happening to dozens more,' says crisis communicator and political consultant
April 6, 2025 - 16:24 | Tom Blackwell | National Post
Comments
Be the first to comment