Source Feed: CBC News - Canada
Publication Date: January 29, 2026 - 04:00
Stay informed
9 years after mosque attack, paralyzed survivor says Quebec secularism laws hinder progress
January 29, 2026
Nine years after a deadly mosque attack in Quebec City claimed the lives of six men, survivors and advocates say they’re focused on promoting understanding — particularly in the wake of several pieces of legislation reinforcing secularism in Quebec.
Premier Danielle Smith said the immigration changes her UCP government has determined Alberta needs to push for are a significant departure from the status quo.
February 19, 2026 - 20:45 | Karen Bartko | Global News - Canada
Penticton Soupateria, a volunteer-driven soup kitchen on Orchard Avenue, received an eviction notice last week, effective May 31.
February 19, 2026 - 20:32 | Klaudia Van Emmerik | Global News - Canada
A new long term Idylwyld drop-in shelter has been proposed to the city, replacing the temporary women's shelter on Avenue C after concerns on the proximity to the Salvation Army
February 19, 2026 - 20:30 | Ashley Beherns | Global News - Canada





Comments
Be the first to comment