Ottawa 200 Block Party unveils free, family-friendly entertainment for landmark anniversary celebration | Page 902 | Unpublished
Hello!
Source Feed: City of Ottawa News Releases
Author: City of Ottawa - Media Relations / Ville d'Ottawa - Relations avec les médias
Publication Date: July 27, 2026 - 15:14

Stay informed

Ottawa 200 Block Party unveils free, family-friendly entertainment for landmark anniversary celebration

July 27, 2026
The Ottawa’s 200 Block Party will bring together exciting voices in music, comedy, art and culture for a free celebration at Marion Dewar Plaza on Saturday, September 26

The countdown is on for the Ottawa 200 Block Party on Saturday, September 26 at Marion Dewar Plaza. Today, the City of Ottawa released the official lineup for the big day celebrating Ottawa’s 200th anniversary.

Leading the celebration will be comedian Jonathan Dion, serving as master of ceremonies for a day packed with live and cultural performances, food, art, history, games and trivia.

The party starts at 10 am and continues well past sundown. 

In addition to a special surprise headliner that will be announced closer to the big day, the lineup of local performers includes:

  • 2025 Ottawa Awards Hip Hop Artist of the Year Cody Coyote
  • Eclectic francophone singer-songwriter Mehdi Cayenne
  • DJ-forward cultural programming from NO DEF Collective
  • Franco-Ontarian pop songstress Jessy Lindsay
  • Dynamic drag performance duo Sunshine Glitterchild and Saltina Shaker
  • Ottawa-born pop and R&B artist Duava
  • Acoustic blues/roots duo The Blind & The Beautiful

Access to the event is free.

Beyond the stage, the Ottawa 200 Block Party will feature local food and beverage vendors, interactive art installations, live demonstrations, Ottawa history experiences and a special performance of Heart of This Place (Adàwe c’est ma ville), the official Ottawa 200 anthem created with the Ottawa Music Industry Coalition.

Further details on the Block Party, including the vendor list is available at Ottawa200BlockParty.ca.

The Block Party won’t be the only reason for you to come downtown on September 26. You can also enjoy: 

Make a day of it and leave the car at home. OC Transpo will be free all weekend, Saturday, September 26 and Sunday, September 27, making it easier for everyone to join the celebrations across the city. Plan your trip at octranspo.com.

On September 26, 1826, Ottawa was founded as Bytown. Two hundred years later, we’re celebrating the people, places and stories that have shaped our city. Visit Ottawa200.ca to discover more ways to take part.

 

Quotes

“For 200 years, Ottawa has been shaped by the people who call this city home - the artists, entrepreneurs, creators, community builders, and generations of families who have helped make this city what it is today. The Ottawa 200 Block Party will be a celebration of everything that makes our city special: our stories, our cultures, our creativity and our incredible people. I hope residents from every neighbourhood in Ottawa will join us for this historic celebration and be part of a great block party.” 

Mark Sutcliffe, Mayor of Ottawa



Unpublished Newswire

 
The NBA is disputing claims made in an ESPN article about the league's investigation of Los Angeles Clippers owner Steve Ballmer.
August 17, 2026 - 14:00 | Globalnews Digital | Global News - Ottawa
Hate crimes were down about seven per cent in the United States from 11,404 incidents in 2024, to 10,606 in 2025, the Federal Bureau of Investigation said on Friday as part of an announcement of what it said was the “largest year-to-year decline in violent crime rates since FBI estimations began in 1936.” Still, Jews were disproportionately targeted in hate crimes last year, according to FBI data. Of 2,572 religion-based hate crimes last year, 1,647 (64 per cent) targeted Jews — or 15 per cent of all hate crimes. Jewish Americans, who number about 7.5 million, make up about 2.4 per...
August 17, 2026 - 13:44 | Jerusalem News Syndicate | National Post