Source Feed: CBC News - Ottawa
Publication Date: April 28, 2026 - 11:22
Stay informed
Man accused in fatal crossing guard hit and run pleads guilty to 1 of 2 charges
April 28, 2026
The 19-year-old accused in the hit and run that left an Ottawa crossing guard dead last month pleaded guilty to failing to remain at the scene. Xzander Wright has also pleaded not guilty to dangerous driving causing death.
The Ottawa Charge avoided elimination after a 2-1 comeback victory over the Montreal Victoire in the Walter Cup final on Monday night. Rebecca Leslie scored the game-winning goal with 54 seconds remaining in the game.
May 18, 2026 - 20:44 | | CBC News - Ottawa
New ultra-modern infill houses make for 'bland' environments, a local historian says, while some think different ages and styles are good for some areas.
May 18, 2026 - 19:24 | Ashley Beherns | Global News - Canada
The government says it is fighting three fires in the Northwest Territories, two of which are described as human caused. It says a human-caused wildfire in the South Slave region is under control.
May 18, 2026 - 19:16 | | CBC News - Canada



Comments
Be the first to comment