Source Feed: CFRA - 580 - Ottawa
Publication Date: July 7, 2026 - 18:25
Stay informed
Ottawa Now - Crystal Beach residents feeling the pain after last week's mass flooding
July 7, 2026
Ottawa’s Mayor says he’ll have more information on the rollout of provincial flood support over the coming days, as recovery from last week’s record-setting rainfall continues. Mark Sutcliffe says he spoke to Premier Doug Ford on Friday about the Disaster Recovery Assistance for Ontarians Program, and has since spoken with several Ontario Ministers about the subject. Kent Osgoode, a contractor who lives on Solva Drive in Crystal Beach, is one of many Bay Ward residents feeling the pain. Most of his neighbours’ homes have been flooded, while Osgoode’s basement was greeted with 14 inches of water on July 1st. He joins Kristy Cameron on today’s Ottawa Now.
August 21, 2026 - 05:00 | Globe staff | The Globe and Mail
Starting Friday, Aug. 21, Ottawa drivers can go a little faster, with speed limits jumping to 110 km/h on parts of Highways 416 and 417. Read More
August 21, 2026 - 04:00 | Michael McBean | Ottawa Citizen
The federal government has signed an international declaration in an effort to curb greenhouse gases caused by public procurement. Read More
August 21, 2026 - 04:00 | Matteo Cimellaro | Ottawa Citizen





Comments
Be the first to comment