Source Feed: CBC News - Canada
Publication Date: May 14, 2026 - 04:00
Stay informed
These refugees in Kenya were promised jobs in Canada. At the 11th hour, the employer cancelled the offer
May 14, 2026
A continuing care organization in Nova Scotia has rescinded job offers it had been extending to refugees for more than two years, leaving the displaced people without a path out of some of the largest refugee camps in the world. They were invited to come to Canada through a federal program, but the organization says as processing timelines and the number of people needing care increased, many of the roles were filled locally.
Well, that was quite a first impression. Read More
May 22, 2026 - 23:52 | Don Brennan | Ottawa Citizen
May 22, 2026 - 21:50 | Ha Tu Thanh | The Globe and Mail
Two men had made it to the shore, police said, but three others remained missing. Police said the men were clam fishing in the area.
May 22, 2026 - 20:40 | Amy Judd | Global News - Canada





Comments
Be the first to comment